Delicious side dish made with rice, carrots, apples, raisins and onions. It is a savory sweet dish that complements most meat dishes. Perfect dish to serve year around. Double the recipe and take to a covered dish. I discovered it is just as good cold as it is hot so you can make it the night before.
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 apples ( cored and chopped)
- 1/3 cup onion chopped
- 3 cups rice cooked
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
In a large skillet, cook carrots in oil on medium heat until crisp tender. Add onions and apples and sauté for 5 minutes. Then add cooked rice, raisins and salt. Stir and cook until heated through. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley to serve.