Completely different but delicious recipe for Cauliflower. The cauliflower is blanched for 5 minutes in salted water and drained. Then dressed with a lemon olive oil dressing and tossed with chopped pimento stuffed olives, green onion, celery, capers and fresh parsley. Served warm or cold. It is a light refreshing side dish in the summer or a winter salad. So if you are looking for something different from the usual cauliflower in cheese sauce give this a try.
This basic recipe is for 2 servings but can be increased to as many servings as needed.
- 3 pimentos stuffed olives sliced
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- fresh cauliflower enough for 2 servings cut in bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil or salad oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon drained capers
In a pot of salted boiling water, blanch cauliflower for 5 minutes. Drain and place in bowl. Add chopped celery, sliced olives and sliced green onion. In a small bowl whisk lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper until blended. Pour over cauliflower and toss. Add capers and parsley before serving.