Just one pound of chicken breasts and 12 ounces of wide noodles is the base for this family meal. A sauce is made from 1 can of condensed cream of chicken soup, chopped onions, chopped celery, spices, chopped cooked chicken, frozen peas and carrots also butter milk that Easy family style meal that is budget friendly. Just serve with a salad.
Very easy to prepare basic recipe that you can make your own.
Creamy Chicken and Noodles
- 12 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 can condensed can cream of chicken soup undeleted
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 package frozen peas and carrots
- optional chopped fresh parsley for garnish
In a large stock pot or Dutch oven bring water to a boil and add chicken breasts, onions, chopped celery, thyme, pepper and salt. Simmer for 30 minutes. Remove chicken and add noodles to water and cook while cutting up chicken in bit size pieces. Return chicken to simmering noodles and add frozen package of vegetables . Simmer until noodles are done. There should be a little water left in pot. Add soup and butter milk and stir gently. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes so the noodles will absorb the rest of liquid. Sprinkle with a little chopped parsley before serving.