Shrimp Scampi in a elegant lemon garlic butter sauce over pasta, is an easy and quick to prepare in just 30 minutes. Serve with salad, rolls and white wine to complete the delicious meal for two people. A few lighted candles and you have a romantic meal in a flash.
- 1/2 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced pimiento
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoons parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (optional)
- 2 servings spaghetti cooked
While the spaghetti is cooking, in a large skillet on medium heat add butter. Season shrimp add to butter and stir fry until the shrimp turns pink. Remove shrimp and add to butter minced garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, white wine, pimiento and parsley. Stir and bring to a boil. Add shrimp, peas and heat. Drain spaghetti and stir into skillet with sauce and shrimp. Serve immediately.